If you have large lawns or gardens that involve a lot of work to keep them clean and tidy, then zero turn lawn mowers are worth the investment.
Unlike other lawn mowers, a zero turn lawn mower can turn 180 degrees, which ensure maximum coverage even in areas around obstacles (trees, springs, or others).
Although they are commonly used in professional landscaping, the Zero Turn Lawn Mower price range fits into any homeowner’s budget.
To choose the best zero turn lawn mower, consider the following factors;
Cutting Deck size: It determines how much grass the mower can cut in one pass. Wider the deck size, better the coverage area. Below are the general guidelines…
- For 1 acre – 36 to 42 inch is suitable
- 1 to 2 acre – 42 to 46 inch is suitable
- 2+ acre – 48 inch or above is suitable
Engine Power: It is measured in terms of horsepower. For consistent results, you should choose a model that has sufficient power to handle your lawn requirements. Zero-turn mower comes with an engine power range from 14HP to 27HP. Below are the general guidelines on the area and suitable engine power.
- Up to 1acre flat terrain – 15 to 20HP
- 1 and 2 acres under 15% slopes – 20 to 25HP
- 2 acres and more – 25HP or above
In addition to these two, you should also consider engine capacity, blade speed, transmission system, control, capacity, and more. In our Shopping Guide, we provide insights on these factors and other information such as how to use Zero Lawn Lawn, safety tips, and maintenance tips.
We’ve also reviewed several models from different brands and shortlisted the best Zero Turn Lawn Mower.
Best Zero Turn Lawn Mowers on the Market
Top Zero Turn Lawn Mowers for 2020: Reviews
Arenes is a very popular brand of lawnmowers known for making all kinds of powerful options.
Arians 915223 Icon-X Zero Turn Lawn Mower ranks first in this article because it offers a lot of things for its given price. It comes with a massive 52-inch mowing deck size that allows you to mow many at once. Because the blade is powered by a very powerful Kawasaki FR691 Series 23 HP engine, it offers excellent mowing performance. You also get 3 years warranty with this engine for stability and reliability.
This zero turn lawn mower also offers an excellent construction standard due to its complete tubular steel frame. As a result, you can easily use it for a long time without any problems. It comes with a 4 point dual arm deck hanging system, which is quite useful. This Zero Turn Lawn lawn detection seat has soft padding with a high backrest. And since the armrests of this lawn mower are tight, you can easily use the Arians Icon-X lawn mower for long periods of time.
- 52-inch cutting deck size
- 726 CC engine
- 23 HP engine power
- 3-year warranty
- 4 point dual arm deck hanging system
- Padded and high backrest seat
- Fully tubular steel frame
- Dial operated blade height adjustment system
- Riding lawnmower
- User manual
- Warranty card
Hasak Verna is one of the oldest brands of chinos and lawnmowers that need no introduction. In addition to making all kinds of chains, you can also get a variety of lawn mowing offers from Haskarna, including a zero turn lawnmower.
In this article, Haskarna’s MZ61 zero turn lawn mower is in the second position as it offers the largest deck size. As the name implies, you get a 61-inch-wide cutting blade or deck size in this lawnmower. And since it’s much bigger than all the other options in this article, you can expect a lot of mowing using this blade together. This blade is powered by Kawasaki’s 24 HP engine, which gives excellent performance.
Because Kawasaki, as well as Husqvarna are both very popular brands, you get an excellent construction standard with a 3 year warranty and this zero turn lawn mower. It uses 11 gauge steel cutting deck which is quite strong. You can use this zero-turn lawn mower to mow the lawn, mow the lawn or mow the lawn. It also offers a 9 bushel triple bag collection system that can be quite handy. Bold hand grip and vibration dampers from this lawn mower are very useful
- 61-inch cutting deck size
- 24 HP engine power
- 3-year warranty
- Up to 8 MPH speed
- Comes with rollover protection
- Adjustment for seat
- 3 in 1 grass cutting modes
- 9-bushel triple bag collection system
- Foam padded hand grips with vibration dampeners
- Riding lawn mower
- User manual
- Warranty card
We have another zero turn lawn mower option from Arizona as it offers all kinds of options. But when compared to the previous option, it is much smaller in terms of deck size.
The Arines Zoom 34 Zero Turn Lawn Mower ranks third in this article as it can be a great option for many users who are looking for a compact and small zero turn lawn mower. Because this lawn mower comes with a deck size of only 34 inches, it is much smaller than the other options available there. Because of this, if you want to use one in your home without taking up too much space in your garage, this can be a great option.
As the name implies, this Koehler 6000 Series V Twin Gas Engine is offered. It can produce 19 HP of power which is more than enough for its given blade size. This 660cc engine is also quite reliable, which means you can use it for a long time. Like Arenas’ previous option, it comes with a 3-year warranty. Despite its small size, it is quite comfortable to use due to its well-filled seat.
- 34-inch cutting deck size
- 660 CC V-Twin engine
- 19 HP engine power
- 3-year warranty
- 12 gauge steel construction
- Foot-operated deck lift
- 4 point deck hanging system
- Speed of up to 6 MPH
- Riding lawn mower
- User manual
- Warranty card
As mentioned earlier, Husqvarna offers a wide range of lawn mower options, including the offer to cut more than one zero turn lawn. Thus, we are about to make another zero turn from laughing here.
The Haskarona Z248F zero turn lawn mower can be a great option as it offers a great balance between size and cutting performance. This is because it comes with a 48-inch cutting blade that is neither too big nor too small. And since this lawn mower is powered by a Kawasaki 21.5 HP motor, you can expect great performance from it. In other words, it can be used to mow many grasses at once without any problem.
As you might expect, this zero turn lawn mower comes with a 3 year warranty due to the Kawasaki engine, just like the previous option in this article. Its engine offers a maximum speed of 6.5 MPH which is quite decent for most users. In this lawn mower you find 3 ways to mow the lawn with the help of which you can remove the grass, put the grass or cut it. It even offers a comfortable seat to use this lawn for a long time without any problems.
- 48-inch cutting deck size
- 5 HP engine power
- 3-year warranty
- Speed of up to 6.5 MPH
- 3 cutting modes
- Hydrostatic transmission for reliability
- Discharge, mulch, or bag the clippings
- High-performance blades
- Riding lawn mower
- User manual
- Warranty card
Last but not least, we also have Troy Built making a variety of lawn mowers. And as you might expect, it also involves cutting several zero-lawn lawns, including the Mustang 54.
Troy Built Mustang 54 Zero Turn Lawn Mower, you get the size of a 54 inch mower deck which is quite large. It allows you to easily cut a lot of grass at once. You also get a very powerful 25 HP gas engine from the Briggs and Straton Intake twin cylinder engine. It is much more powerful than other 21 HP or 22 HP engines operating on the lawn. Because of this, you can expect better performance when mowing the lawn.
You can use this engine to achieve a maximum speed of 7 MPa with a reverse speed of 2.5 MPa. As a result, you can quickly cut all the grass in your backyard without any problems. This lawn mower also features 4 deck gauge wheels and a rear roller for ease of use when mowing your backyard. It also provides a fuel site gauge that can be very easy to estimate for the rest of your lawn mowing range.
- 54-inch cutting deck size
- 724 CC engine
- 25 HP engine power
- 3-year warranty
- 4 deck gauge wheels
- Rear roller for added efficiency
- Forward speed of up to 7 MPH
- Reverse speed of up to 2.5 MPH
- Inbuilt fuel site gauge
- Riding lawn mower
- User manual
- Warranty card
What is a Zero Turn Mover?
In the landscape and lawn care industry, zero turn movers are of great importance. They let homeowners take good care of their yard or lawn without any hassle.
This is actually a ride lawn mower with the added feature of zero turning radius. This feature allows the lawn mower to spin faster, become more agile, or run faster. Simply put, this will easily turn the ZTR into a circle without the need for additional ground cover.
But these extra features add to the cost. Compared to traditional riding lawn mowers, zero turn mowers are a bit more expensive. To make the best choice, you need to consider a few factors. We have mentioned them below in this article.
Things to note:
Does your courtyard come with numerous slopes and hills? Then zero degree turn lawn mower is not the right investment. If the hill or slope exceeds 10 to 15 degrees, then it is considered too steep to use a zero turn cutter. In fact, for a zero turnover, the hill grade is too high to handle. If you use it on a slope, it can tear your grass or fall off.
Also, it is very difficult to handle a lawn mower in a courtyard with hills and slopes. If you don’t have a hill or a slope, zero degree machines are an invaluable asset.
Different types of zero turn lawn mowers
There are several zero turn movers available in the market. It is difficult to distinguish between them and choose the best of them. Below, we provide information on the different types of zero turnover. Read carefully to understand which ones fit your needs perfectly.
This pruning is suitable for residential houses with an area of 2 acres, perfect for residential property. They let you get things done more efficiently and quickly. This model is perfect for homeowners who have to take care of their yard but only have a few hours to complete.
Prosometer Zero Turn Mover
This model actually falls between the commercial grade and the residents. It can easily handle yards measuring more than 2 acres. But the yard should not be more than 5 acres. These are perfect for people who have to mow large estates (up to 5 acres) or landscape owners who need a budget friendly option.
Commercial grade zero turnover
They are the most durable and stable which makes them suitable for covering a yard with a large area. They offer a variety of features that professional or residential models do not have. They can easily handle yards with an area of more than 5 acres. If you have a landscaping business, this is the right choice for you.
How to Choose a Zero Turn Mower?
If you are initially looking for zero-turn lawn mowers, there are a few factors to consider when investing. Therefore, we are here with a detailed guide to shopping with all the necessary details related to zero turn lawn passers. Read carefully and choose wisely.
1. Engine Power
Electricity is actually the most important factor to consider when shopping for a zero lawn mower. The basic rule of thumb to remember is that – high power means the machine is better and more efficient. Therefore, choosing a zero turnover means you will complete the task more efficiently and faster.
If you want to achieve consistent results, then it is important to purchase a zero turnover with enough power. In all of these types, commercial items are more powerful. But because they are expensive, homeowners may not be interested in buying them. The power you need depends on the size of the property you have.
Horsepower classification usually represents engine power. Zero turn lawn mowers have a power range of 14HP to 27HP. Below, we provide insights into who has the strength and ability to ride a horse.
- From 15 to 20 horsepower – This range is suitable for residential or small properties with yards up to 1 acre and it has to be mostly a flat terrain. These engines are specially designed for residential usage so they are cannot withstand high-volume demands.
- From 20 to 25 horsepower – They are suitable for yards or plots with 1 or 2 acres of area and slopes should be under 15% range. In this range, residential and semi-pro machines are available. The former option is suitable for weekly usage and latter one is suitable for daily usage.
- 25 horsepower or above – They are suitable for properties or estates with 2 acres or more area. Their motors are found in commercial zero turn mowers. They can handle high-volume demands and daily usage. Apart from the engine with higher capacity, they also come with large cutting swaths ranging from 30 to 60 horsepower. They are capable to handle mowing up to 3 acres of area in an hour.
Things to Note: Apart from the yard size, you should also consider other variables. Stubborn grass like Bermuda or St.Augestine need zero turn lawn mower with at least 20 HP. If you use a less power engine, then it can result in slower mowing pace, inconsistent cuts and faster wear out of the blades.
2. Deck Size or Cutting Width
The width of a deck is a very important consideration. This represents how wide the tool can be in a pass. Most people think that large or extensive cutting means the best effect. However, this is not true at all. The wide mowing path allows you to move large areas of lawn faster. Although you will continue to move in open spaces, you should also consider other obstacles such as rocks or springs.
So, in order to choose the best cutting width, you have to look for models that come with wide wide deck sizes to handle large areas of the yard and at the same time rotate easily in tight spaces. Be small enough
To help you, we’ve provided a table below to provide guidelines on lawn size and appropriate mowing deck size limits.
|LAWN SIZE||CUTTING DECK SIZE|
|1 acre||36 to 42 inches|
|1 to 2 acre||42 to 46 inch|
|2+ acre||48+ inch|
In addition to the deck size, you should also consider the type of deck. There are two types of decks – stamped and welded. The best of these two elections has always been a never-ending debate. We have provided all kinds of details. After reading the difference, choose any one according to your needs.
- Stamped Decks: It is fabricated from a single piece of steel. The quality of the steel used is thinner and weaker compared to their counterpart. They are mostly used in entry-level zero turn mowers. They are light in weight and perfect for light yard works. Compared to welder option, they are cost-effective.
- Welded Decks: Thicker steel metal is used for this type of decks which is why they are more durable and stronger than stamped models. They are mostly seen in heavy-duty or commercial zero turn mowers. They are more durable while moving. Special reinforcements provided actually extend the life of deck. When it comes to price, they are more expensive.
3. Engine Capacity
Equivalent to higher engine rating for better engine mowing performance. Like any other gas engine, lawn mowers list their engine capacity in CC or cubic centimeters. You can find options like 660 CC or 720 CC gas engines while mowing the zero turn lawn for yourself.
And when compared, the 720cc engine will offer better performance in terms of mowing efficiency as well as the speed of power supply to a given lawn. But the capacity of a larger engine can result in lower efficiency which can lead to higher fuel consumption.
- Single Cylinder Engine – It is suitable for small lawn care requirements. It generates less torque and priced less as well.
- V-Twin Powered Engine – It is perfect for extensive lawns, large yard spaces and commercial usage. It comes with more speed, power and gas mileage. If you are mowing hill or a large estate, then this is the perfect choice. It is also capable of towing trailers. However, when it comes to cost wise, it is expensive.
4. Transmission System
Most of the zero turn movers come with a hydrostatic transmission system which consists mainly of a motor drive system and an internal pump. There are two types of hydrostatic transmission systems available – single and dual.
- Single Hydrostatic Transmission – They are easy to move and operate. Their speed and direction can be easily adjusted using a lever or foot pedal. They are mostly used in mid-range and residential models. They come in an enclosed and sealed units. For repair purposes, the units have to be removed. This transmission type can handle several hours of usage.
- Dual Hydrostatic Transmission – As the name suggests, they come with dual transmission units which are placed side-by-side inside the zero-turn mower. When it comes to price, they are pricey than single transmission option. They have easy mobility and better speed control. In order to move or stop the mower, you should either pull or push the levers at the same time.
Apart from the above two transmission systems, some zero turn mowers also come with any of the below transmission types.
- Manual gear transmission
- Friction disc transmission
- Automatic transmission
- Electric transmission
- Hybrid transmission
5. Mowing Speed
Zero turn lawn lawn mowing also depends on the type of lawn and area. For flat surfaces and low barrier lawns, less time is needed to mow the lawn. The more obstructed the lanes, the longer it will take. The exact speed limit also depends on how quickly you can complete the harvest.
- 5 to 6mph speed – for entry-level and residential zero turn mower.
- 6 to 7mph speed – for mid-range turn mower
- 8 to 9mph speed – bigger lawn and commercial mowing
- 13 to 15mph speed – full commercial mowing purposes
6. Cutting Blade Speed
You can also look at the cutting blade speed offered by a given zero turn lawn to estimate its cutting performance. Different lawn mower options provide different maximum blade speeds according to the needs of different users. In general, a high blade speed offers clean cutting with high cutting efficiency while using your Zero Turn Lawn Maverick in your yard.
Just like other power tools, RPM also mentions toolhead speed or blade speed of lawn mower. Since RPM stands for round per minute, it tells you how fast the lawn mower is mowing. You can find blade speed options such as 1500 RPM or 2000 RPM, where a higher 2000 RPM rating offers better cutting performance.
7. Deck Height Adjustment
To prevent issues like undercuts or over grass cuts, you should have a height adjustment feature. In addition, you should be able to adjust the height depending on the steep or uneven area. Zero turn movers come with a height adjustment feature of between 1.5 and 4 inches.
While testing this feature, look for options that allow you to adjust the height without interruptions or interruptions. The Fit Assistant is actually the easiest option to adjust the height. Because you just press the pedal to increase or decrease the cutting deck. But if you are looking for a cheap alternative to move on a flat surface without obstacles, then the manual deck lift model is suitable.
8. Crankshaft Alignment
Zero turn lawn mower, crankshaft alignment is available in two types – vertical or horizontal. Vertical crankshaft alignment is less expensive than horizontal option. Horizontal crankshaft alignment is suitable for high efficiency and low maintenance. Because it comes with better lubrication, air flow from the engine, and uniform cooling. These benefits actually increase efficiency and stability.
9. Rider Comfort
Whether it’s for a short or extended period of time, mowing is a job that is very tiring, especially in the physical aspects. During cutting, the machine has to move on different types of surfaces, including bumps.
Compared to other types, ZTR movers come very comfortably. They come with control levers, adjustable driving seats, stepbars, handrails, low vibration engine, proper retrieval, improved seat suspension and parking brakes that make riding comfortable. A specially designed seat provides adequate support while working. The control panel is placed inside the access for the user.
11. Fuel Capacity
It is important to check the quality of the material used for the mover to analyze the stability. In addition, other factors need to be considered. Zero turnover can’t handle stability on the slope. It is important to choose a model that is balanced, strong and comfortable at the same time.
To test the energy balance or stability of a zero turn lawn mower, you need to consider two aspects.
- Zero turn lawn mowers depend on hand controls for manoeuvring. Mower with large wider rear wheels can distribute weight evenly and exert less pressure on lawn surfaces. Model that comes with low gravity centre is capable of providing better traction and stability, especially on uneven surfaces.
- Stability of the lawn mower also depends on ergonomic lever controls and ease of moving the handles. Adjustable lever is another beneficial feature to have.
11. Fuel Capacity
Fuel capacity is a special consideration, especially for professionals and homeowners who have a large lawn. You need to make sure that the model you choose is able to mow the lawn on your lawn without having to stop several times to save fuel.
The Zero Turn Lawn Mower comes in a variety of fuel options such as petrol, diesel, flax fuel and propane. It is better to choose a model that will help you save fuel and it is suitable for electronic fuel injection system.
12. Mower Size
As mentioned earlier, the size of a given zero turn lawn mower deck directly affects its body size. And since zero turn lawn mowers come with large cutting blade sizes 48 inches or 52 inches or more, they can be quite large in size. This can be a problem if you have a small backyard and garage. As you might expect, not using a large lawn mower will take up more space in your garage. Therefore, you should choose the size of your lawn mower according to your needs and requirements.
If you are buying a zero turn lawn mower for commercial purposes, you should consider whether it can be easily moved. If you are using a trailer or truck to transport it, be sure to check the dimensions. Choose zero turn lawn mower with four, four ply rated tires for ease of movement and speed.
Weight is also an important consideration in the selection process. Since you have to move from one place to another for cutting or storage, it is best to move to a lighter model. Heavy models can be difficult to move or store.
Also, you should make sure that the lift machine or lift jack does not weigh too much. If it is too heavy, then you cannot lift it regularly for maintenance or to sharpen the blade.
When reviewing the stability of a lawn mower, you need to consider factors such as a stable frame, strong engine, material quality, consistency of performance, deck construction, and frame strength.
An ideal lawn mower comes with a tubular steel frame or steel construction (12 gauge) and a safety guard for the rear engine. These two factors indicate the power of the machine.
Zero turn lawn lawn price range is from 28 2800 to $ 10,000 depending on engine size, cutting deck, design and other factors. You can choose any model based on your needs, budget and preference.
Like any other electrical appliance, the warranty provides an insight into how durable and reliable the product is. Most Zero Turn lawns come with a 2 or 3 year warranty. Some of them even offer extended warranty with extra payment.
17. Other Features
Some zero turn lawn mowers have additional features that are specifically designed to enhance the user experience.
Mulching and bagging – This feature gives the grass the flexibility to cut into a narrow gorge or to collect debris in a garbage bag.
Electric Starter – Like any other lawn mower, it is difficult to start choking when the temperature drops. Having an electric starter will start the ignition and the engine will start immediately without any effort.
3-Blade System – The triple blade system comes with some zero turn movers. It provides cleaner cuts on all types of grass.
CARB Compliance – If you want to use your zero turn lawn mower in all 50 states, it’s best to choose a CARB compliant machine.
How Does a Zero Turn Mower Work?
There are three main parts to a zero turn lawn mower – engine, wheels and control lever. Below, we explain how each of these parts works.
- Engine: These machines usually use diesel or gasoline for powering the engine. However, some manufacturers have started using propane powered mowers due to the recent events of inclining towards clean energy.Zero turn lawn motors use hydraulic transmission come with the ability to control the mobility of each wheel separately. This additional feature improves the ease of moving the mower.
- Wheels: As the machine has to mow on uneven surfaces, wheels take a hard beating. In order to increase the life and efficiency, high quality tubeless tires are used as wheels for the mower. Front wheels are smaller than the back wheels. Front wheels are castors so they move rotate freely in any direction while back wheels are powered by engine so they move according to user control. Some zero turn lawn mowers come with additional fifth wheel which is usually placed behind the operator seat.
- Control Levers: Direction and motion of zero turn lawn mower is control using levers. However, modern models come with either regular steering or joystick. These new options are much easy to use than control levers. However, models with control levers are cheaper and don’t need much maintenance.
How to Operate a Zero Turn Lawn Mower?
Below, we provide detailed instructions on how to use the Zero Turn Lawn. Read them carefully.
- Forward – In order to move forward, you have to push both the levers forward.
- Backwards – To mover backwards, you have to put the mower in reverse gear by pulling both levers backwards.
- Direction – For turning a particular direction, push one lever forward. The mower will turn to the direction the lever is pushed. For example – if you want to turn left, then push the right control lever forward and left control in neutral place.
- Half-Circle – To turn the machine in half-circle, keep one control lever still and turn other lever. This will turn the mower in 180 degrees.
- Zero-Turn – To a 360 degree turn, pull one lever back and other lever forward. This will make one when turn in reverse while other wheel moves forward making complete zero turning radius.
Important Note – While using the zero turn lawn mower on a slope you have to be very careful. If you turn too quickly, it will lose traction and topple over. It is recommended to use the machine after practicing several times.
Different Types of Zero Turn Lawn Mower Based on Deck Size
There are several types of zero turn lawn in the market. When considering deck sizes, they are basically classified into two types – mid-mount and out-front.
1. Mid-Mount Zero Turn Lawn Mower
In this type, the decker is placed between the rear wheel and the front wheel of the maverick, which means they are under the operator’s seat and in front of the engine. Other parts such as the engine, drive system, and push tire are in the rear of the mower.
While operating this lawn mower, the user’s seat is located between the zero turn radius pivot point and the drive wheels. To maintain stability and balance the maverick, a mule belt is used to connect and clutch and deck.
2. Out-Front Zero Turn Lawn Mower
It is also called Front Mount Zero Turn Mover. In this case, the deck is installed in front of the operator seat. The seated drive is located on the front of the engine above the tires. The front design is clean, easy to store and maintain. The bow deck can be replaced with an ice thrower, dozer blade and rotary sweep.
So, Which One to Choose…?
If you have to mow in the open, there are fewer obstacles, so a mid-mount zero lawn mower is the right choice. This type can also be used for hill and climbing yards as it has more stability than their counter type.
For many obstructed lawns, including fences and trees, you should try to cut zero out of zero. This type is specifically designed to move around any obstacles. The low profile deck can easily reach any area around obstacles, which also reduces trimming time.
Benefits of Using a Zero Turn Mower
Below, we’ve mentioned some of the benefits of mowing a zero-turn lawn.
- They come with higher cutting speed, so you can trim your lawns effortlessly.
- As reinforced steel is used for cutting deck, they are more durable and long lasting.
- Due to the presence of power engine (17 to 24 HP), they are much faster.
- Wide anti-scaling wheels and high traction provide better control and stability even on wet areas.
- Because of 180-degree turn spot, you can easily turn in single move instead of moving forward and backward multiple times.
- It is easy to work around obstacles and flowerbeds.
- Some models come with extra attachments which provide maximum flexibility while using the machine.
Tips to Consider While Maintaining Zero-Turn Lawn Mower
In order to maintain the mower properly and increase its life, we recommend to follow tips mentioned below…
- Air Filter – In order to improve fuel efficiency, we recommend to clean the air filter regularly.
- Mower Deck – Lawn debris, grass clippings can build up in the deck. Clean them after each use/
- Mower Blades – For efficient trimming, we recommend to sharpen the blades 2 to 3 times in a year or as required.
- Tire Pressure – For easy mobility, check the tire pressure before each use.
- Storage – When not is in use, store in dry storage place.
- Lubrication – for best performance, we recommend to maintain the cutting blades and engine well lubricated.
- Oil Change – Follow the manufacturer instructions of oil change schedule to increase the life of mower.
- Mowing Hill – Take some extra precautions while mowing on a slope or hill as riding over can topped if the slope is too steep or grass is wet.
- Ear-Plug – Mower generates more noise while cutting the grass. If you are using the mower for a longer period of time, the continuous noise can damage the eardrums. We recommend using a noise protection ear plug.
- Operation Manual – Before using the mower, check out the operation manual. It will let you know everything about the machine, including safety information.
Safety Tips to Consider While Using a Zero-Turn Lawn Mower
To prevent any accidents or injuries, we recommend to follow the safety instructions mentioned below.
- While not in use, turn off the blades, park the mower in position and shut off the engine.
- Never let other people or even kids ride the mower along with you. Zero turn mowers are not designed to carry around passengers while mowing.
- While the blade is mowing, never try to remove or clean the objects. First turn off the engine and wait till the module is completely stopped before you try to clean or remove any thing in the mower deck.
- While operating mower on crossing roadways, please make sure to pay attention to the traffic.
- Make sure to wear eye and ear protection while mowing.
- While loading or unloading the mower into a trailer or truck, use extreme care.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is Zero Turn Mover a worthwhile investment?
For a yard of less than an acre, buying a zero turn lawn mower may not be a wise decision. These machines are designed to simplify the lawn mowing process but it doesn’t matter unless you have a large lawn to take care of. If you have a large yard, invest only in a zero turn lawn mower.
2. How can I lift the zero turnover?
Lawn mowers are heavy. Therefore, if you try to lift them without proper help, it can be a complete loss. An effective way to do this is to use a jack lift or a maintenance lift. It is specially designed for lifting heavy machines such as lawn mowers.
3. Does a zero turn lawn mower come with brakes?
Some zero turn movers come with Monday pedal breaks while others do not. Models that do not have pedal brakes have a different way of stopping the Maurer. The speed of the machine depends on the levers, so if you pull or push the levers to a neutral position, the mover will stop moving.
If you want a very powerful and comfortable lawn mower offering precise control while mowing, a zero turn lawn mower can be a great option. Since these are quite popular, you can find a lot of options out there, including the best zero turn lawn mower in this article. You can also buy their salient features and options, along with a detailed shopping guide. This comprehensive shopping guide has all the things that can be useful when shopping for yourself. However, if you still have doubts and they may not be the best choice for you, here are some of our recommendations:
- The Ariens 915223 IKON-X zero turn lawn mower offers a lot of things for its given price to the user. As per its name, it comes with a large 52-inch cutting deck size that allows you to cut a lot of grass at once. This blade is powered by a highly powerful 23 HP engine that offers great performance for cutting the grass in your backyard lawn. The seat of this zero turn lawn mower is also quite comfortable and ergonomic. And since it uses a Kawasaki FR691 series engine, it comes with a 3-year warranty.
- But if you want a large-sized zero turn lawn mower for commercial usage or large-sized lawns, then you can go with the Husqvarna MZ61 zero turn lawn mower. This lawn mower offers a cutting blade size of 61 inches that is much larger when compared with all other options present in this article. It is powered by a Kawasaki engine that generates 24 HP that is more than enough for most users out there. Husqvarna also offers a 3-year warranty with this lawn mower for peace of mind.
- Most of the zero turn lawn mowers out there are quite large in size. As a result, if you want a smaller one for use at your home, then you can go with the Ariens Zoom 34 zero turn lawn mower. Just as per its name, you get a 34-inch cutting blade in this lawn mower that is much smaller than most other options out there. It is powered by a Kohler 19 HP engine that offers decent performance for the given blade size. Unfortunately, since this is an affordable option from Ariens, it only comes with a 2-year warranty.
Make sure to share your thoughts in the comments section. You can also post any questions down there if you have any!